Midwest LSA Expo

GrassStripFlyBoy

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, CaptainLee said:

From what I heard the F2 is at another expo in Arizona. FS doesn’t show up on the web site for vendors only pilots flying in for the expo in CTLS . Hope to see a few my self.

Just two post above yours it says that it is leaving AZ for Tulsa, so Airtime can have it at the expo.

Flew down and back Friday and had a nice time.  Long chat with Tom Baker and Tom Gutman.  Didn't see any other forum members or CTs there.  I got in about 1000 and left about 1400.

The F2 was there in all it's glory , but I didn't spend much time on it because one is not in my future.

Also saw my favorite Rotax mechanic and guru, Brett Lawton of Leading Edge Airfoils.  Brett has been a great help to me over the years.

I always enjoy the expo because it is so intimate and informal.  With patience, one can get a lot of face time with people you need or want to meet.

I picked up several Rotax and FD tips that I can employ to improve my FD and the Rans S7S I am building.

Bummer we didn’t meet up. We got there at 1030 and the Rans dealer parked Bobs plane in there display. It was the blue metallic flaked wrapped one.

Right after we got there I went and Talked with Tom and Tom and then went for a flight. WOW impressive even did stall and tried to put it in a spin.

I missed Dan Johnson’s talk and just caught the end. I’ll have to wait for the YouTube.
We left a little after 4 and headed back to Romeoville after a great time.

I'm going to review the routing on my oil hoses to further improve oil temperature.  Talked about how 912ULS fuel system seems to like it best around 5300 RPM as reflected in CHT and EGT (I have 4) temps.  We discussed some aspects of controls systems on the CTSW, such as some have elevator springs so I checked on that when I got home.  Chatted about rudder pressure and I might think about modifying spring strength.  All little things mostly peculiar to my plane.