07 CTSW upgrades 496 to 760 - Tru trak to Dynon + ADSB

The 760 didn't fit in the panel but close enough for the low budget upgrade.

• Tru Trak head was replaced with Dynon AP74 for input and Dynon D100 takes over as AP head.
  • Tru Trak servos replaced with Dynon servos
  • GDL 50 was mounted and connected to avionics bus for ship's power
  • Echo UAT with antenna and GPS were added
  • Aera 760 replaced the 496.

panel with 760.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Skunkworks85 said:

Ed,

Did the airgzomos 760 panel dock not fit? 

http://airgizmos.3dcartstores.com/760-Panel-Dock_p_83.html

The 760 looks roughly the same size as my iFly 740b.  I made the 740b fit, but it required a new panel plate, relocating the heater controls, and some modifications to the radio trays and the mushroom composite behind the center panel.  The way Ed did it is definitely the easier route, even if it's not quite as clean and all flush.

3 minutes ago, Skunkworks85 said:

I do like the new 760. I have a 660 and just wished it where bigger.

Question.  Your airspeed tape on your dynon is not set up correctly for colors. Did you do that intentionally?

Looks like it is set up ....for RV9 ....one can dream , right ? 😀

3 hours ago, Skunkworks85 said:

I do like the new 760. I have a 660 and just wished it where bigger.

Question.  Your airspeed tape on your dynon is not set up correctly for colors. Did you do that intentionally?

Dynon sent a replacement EFIS and I have not yet configured anything.

2 hours ago, FlyingMonkey said:

You didn't want to try mounting it vertically?  Personally I like mine vertical, so I can see ahead of me farther in my normal "track up" mode.

its actually on a ball mount and I have two longer extensions.  I can move it closer to me and  rotate it If I want.

• 1 year later...
On 4/23/2021 at 12:15 AM, Ed Cesnalis said:

its actually on a ball mount and I have two longer extensions.  I can move it closer to me and  rotate it If I want.

Ed, I have the same aircraft and I am curious how you mounted the ball mount to the 760 and did you put something across the hole the 496 left so you could attach the ball mount to the panel? If you any photos of the mount attachment that would be helpful. 

13 hours ago, Paul Blackwell said:

Ed, I have the same aircraft and I am curious how you mounted the ball mount to the 760 and did you put something across the hole the 496 left so you could attach the ball mount to the panel? If you any photos of the mount attachment that would be helpful. 

It was too easy.  No dock, left opening and used a 1" ball mount behind the panel in existing holes then another ball mount 1" for flush I think and I have a 3" to bring it closer to me and rotate it vertically but I like it flush and horizontal and never switch.  Took a few minutes and cost only a few bucks