Flight design buffalo new york

Mresetarits

I'm not local to the area, will chime in though.  Parts availability is not a concern, the airframe items typically needed (tires/tubes/brakes/etc) are stocked by multiple sources in US.  Rarely would one need other airframe items, and the next level of occasional things such as suspension dampers, or lift struts for doors, are stocked by Roger here on forum.  The engine and every part for it is covered by a couple US based suppliers.  Avionics are all standard stuff.  Generally speaking you would have to damage something unique, and then places like Airtime have a collection of used items too.  I've had to purchase one unique part being the aileron and flap bearings, located what the item number is and ordered through the German FD supplier website.  When order processed it shipped from their US based warehouse and I had package in a couple days.

Your point about finding mechanics that know Rotax and the CT is certainly a topic.  I moved from GA to LSA airplanes as well as went E-LSA specifically to take the 16 hour class which allows you to do perform your own inspections, if you have mechanical skills it is a great option, and you can always hire out things you don't feel up to the task of completing.  Otherwise you might want to join / search some other forums of general LSA / sport planes which also often use 912, ask around the local area, and find a shop knowledgeable in Rotax.  I would strongly recommend taking your airplane to a shop with longstanding knowledge of CT's for the inspections (annuals) if you don't have local options, this would be FDUSA in CT, Tom Baker in southern IL, and perhaps Zone Aviation in Cleveland.  A hotel room and travelling for it, to be done right and quick, is far better than paying someone to learn on your bird and taking more time and possibly more money in the end.

Buffalo is a very short hop from my MI based strip 4MI8, I've not been overflying Canada since covid but perhaps this summer when border opens up I'll pop over, keep us posted on the purchase.