V 20 E-Prop issue

Madhatter

I received a V 20 E-Prop the other day and was getting ready to install it when I noticed 2 crank attachment bolts at an angle when I was changing them to the titanium bolts. I measured the angle at 4.5 degrees. Also the bolt heads are inserted into matching counterbores so as not to turn when torquing the nuts. Due to the angle the bolt head does not fully seat in the counterbore and seats on a very small edge. I believe the small seating area will eventually fail under torque and loosen. The nuts have a wide flange and may also crack over time. I used a long bolt to show the angle more clearly. I have contacted E-Prop over this issue and I don't think it will be a problem to get it corrected. Anyone who has this prop needs to be aware of this.

20210910_154849.jpg

20210910_164423.jpg

It seems as though the aluminum backing plate is not allowing the bolt head to seat properly causing the bolt to be angled. If the bolt is torqued with this condition the bolt head will be side loaded. I will remove all bolts and then re seat them. I guess you can't expect everything to work all at the same time on an aircraft😁.

Was able to correct the bolt issue by removing all the bolts and reinstalling.  One issue I have is the spinner screws do not have a locking type nut to go into, it is essentially a rivnut. If a screw backs out it will damage a blade, it happened to me on a V12. Luckily it can be field repaired. I am guessing Locktite 222 is the answer.