Sun n Fun

Ken

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Ken said:

The weather report is not at all promising for Sun and Fun from Virginia. Do most of the LSA's fly into Paradise City?

Not sure.  I'm going to be with my friend in a Cessna 180, so I was going to follow him to the main airport.  I know my other buddies in Cubs and an Avid have used Paradise City.  It's probably easier, I might end up using that strip.

16 hours ago, GlennM said:

Last year was the first time for me at Paradise City.  I flew my CT in the general arrival prior to then.

How did you find Paradise City?  Looks like you just fly a 45° entry to the downwind from the South, about as simple as possible. 

Also, how is parking at Paradise?  Do they just park you along the runway or is there a bigger parking area somewhere?

I flew to So. Lakeland airport, then north to LAL. Lakeland airport is easy to see from there and I used the ground references from the Notam.  I got to the pattern altitude and slowed down with flaps just after So. Lakeland to be ready for anything.  However, there was only one flight demonstrator in the pattern when I entered and they were just landing, so it was very easy.

I taxied to the end and they parked me on the North side in a  parking area just off the main runway.  Overflow parking was across a road and some later arrivals had to go there.  I heard there are changes this year due to construction of a south parallel runway at LAL, so my experience may be outdated as far as parking.

Once you land and tie down (don't forget your tiedown anchors), you get your credentials in a tent near the flight line.  Things go very smoothly if you pre-register and fill out the waiver.   Here:  http://snflp.info/

To depart,  you need to attend a short talk and get on the departures list.   This is at 4pm, I think. Landing requires nothing, taking off requires the talk.

Good luck and have fun. I found out my work schedule changed and I won't be able to go this year.