Nose Wheel

4RJN

Hi all I have a question. My nose wheel bearings came apart and lost all of the ball bearings leaving only the races. I would like to know if there ever was or should there be a spacer between the bearing to prevent side load. Also how can I get a maintenance manual or parts manual to check on things in the future. 

Thanks

Rod

Thanks it maybe of some help. My plane is a CTSW 2006 and from the diagram it would appear that there are missing sleeves between the bearings but I am not sure if I am looking at the diagram correctly since it shows only 1 part number for what appears to be 3 different bearings.

All of the manuals can be found on the Flight Design USA website under support. http://flightdesignusa.com/support/

If you have the gold colored wheel as pictured above, then the hub is stamped into the wheel halves. The bearing slides in the wheel half, then there is an inner and outer spacer. The outer spacer keeps the outside of the bearing pressed out in the wheel half. The inner spacer goes between the inner races of the bearing. The bearings are a 6004RS. If you have a bearing store near you you can probably get them there, or they can be ordered off Amazon.

I can provide dimensions for the spacers if you want, or I have a used set from a damaged wheel that I could pass along.

Again this is assuming that it is the gold colored Marc wheel.

I can't remember for sure, but IIRC the Matco wheel design does not use a spacer. But I could be wrong. It has been a while since I had a CTSW Matco nose wheel apart.

• 4 months later...
15 hours ago, cdarza said:

just wanted to clarify - is the Matco WHLNW40CT direct replacement for the Tundra Marcs ?     My Marc are a bit bent out of shape so just wanted to double check before i order the matco ones.  Thanks !

I'm pretty sure you will want a 6" wheel to match the tundra gear.

On 7/11/2022 at 11:26 PM, cdarza said:

just wanted to clarify - is the Matco WHLNW40CT direct replacement for the Tundra Marcs ?     My Marc are a bit bent out of shape so just wanted to double check before i order the matco ones.  Thanks !

CTSW uses WHLWI62L-4 mains.

http://www.matcomfg.com/WI62LWheelAssembly60075TRB-idv-3665-67.html

Use WHLNW60CC15MM nose wheels.

http://www.matcomfg.com/NOSEWHEEL615mm-idv-3776-6.html

EDIT: there are no "direct replacements" in the sense that they can't be mounted on the same axle. You have to replace the axle and brakes too @cdarza

14 hours ago, Anticept said:

You're moving the camera around a lot, but it looks like bad bearings, the wheel itself looks fine at least on the outside. Can't see how it looks in the "bowls".

You are correct - Bad bearings… changing them out now 

• 1 year later...

Haven't been on forum for a long time but here's the info on my Matco tundra nose wheel.  I bought this in 12/14/14 and it has been installed on my CTSW that has factory tundra gear since.   I used the factory axle that my factory stamped gold aluminum wheel used.  The sleeves provided proper spacing for the Matco wheel in the fork.

WHLNW60CC Nose Wheel 6" 15mm Ball       Bearing: Uses 1.25 BHCS   

WHLA23SL - Sleeve A23