Flap Breaker Pops

4RJN

Hi All very new to all of this but I have a question. When we try to put flaps from 15 to 30 the breaker pops. We have lubricated the jack screw with appropriate oil but still have the same issue. This only happens when flying and not while on the ground. We are wondering if the breaker will pop all of the time if airspeed is too high??? Thanks

That's one of the few parts that I have never had to replace. Contact your distributor.

It us unusual for a failing breaker to fail this way, though. Personally, from working on Flight School aircraft, the motor is going bad and drawing more current. I've replaced a few of those.

Anyways, the breaker is a lot cheaper to check than replacing the motor, and a DC ammeter can be used to find if it's tripping at the right current. Motors are not sold separately... You have to buy the whole actuator or find salvage.

Edited by Anticept

Is the whole actuator with motor typically bought from FD or is there another source.     Just curious as i have a feeling i might need to replace sometime in the near but hopefully not so near future.   When i preflight, i check the flaps and 0 to -6 it sounds like the motor is really struggling and flap movement is extremely slow.  After a couple up/down runs its back to normal.   Might pull apart again but it was quite recent that i 'serviced' the flaps so i dont know whats going on  ??? 

Thanks again Corey. Some day would you be open to a visit from me? I am out of 7G8 in Middlefield OH and I am very new to flying and of course the ctsw that I bought last year. I have tons of general questions that I sure could use someone who is knowledgeable to help me out. Just let me know if there is any chance of stopping by. Thanks Rod

You can DM me, you can call me, though if you wanted to visit it would be expensive. Up to you though. Based out of OSU airport. I don't do work for the public and due to a badly blown disc, I'm pretty much out of it until I can get surgery done.

I took my phone number off the site because the spam was getting bad. I'll DM it to you.