CTLS Model Differences thru the years

1 hour ago, FlyingMonkey said:

If you *only* have a D100 and no D120 (as I do), Then it's probably more complicated if you want to get the EMS functionality out of the Skyview.  You'll want to install all the probes and sensors that the EMS can use for engine monitoring, and that could take quite a bit of wiring.  If you want to use the Skyview autopilot that's another bunch or wires.  If you have a D120 for EMS and want to continue to use that, then that simplifies things a bit.

I have a D100 and the little minimal UMA engine gauges in my airplane.  I have looked changing to Skyview or Garmin G3X, and every time I price it out and look at adding all the engine monitoring, I come to the conclusion that for the day VFR flying I do, it's not really worth the expense and hassle.  You might come to a different conclusion, but for me the added functionality is a "nice to have" more than a "gotta have".  I have about 850 hours on my fairly basic setup, and I have never felt under-equipped.

I have to agree, but it would be really cool! I guess it’s just d100/120 and ForeFlight for me.

• 6 months later...