Screen shot of a ForeFlight iS weight and balance set up?

airhound

Since I am pasting text from the manual, it gets a little funky in my post. I have increased the size of my typed text and bolded it.

Your W&B chart is supposed to be a square chart.

The weight and balance chart that looks like this below is for mechanics, it's part of the section labeled "6.2, weighing". When we recalculate the W&B, FD recommends it to land within the blue box, that's what the "Allowed empty aircraft cg range" header means.

image.png.9f1bd1b6b6cc5f14caadb5a7b78416d8.png

Here is the text about it on the next page:

---

A diagram in the weighing form gives information about the position of
the empty weight center of gravity. The aircraft is designed to make it impossible for
the permissible center of gravity to be exceeded when the aircraft has been loaded
within the limits set down in this handbook and the empty weight is within the
specified range. If necessary, trim ballast weight should be installed.

---

If the aircraft at EW does not fall within the empty box, then it is possible to put the aircraft out of CG limits even when loading it per the limits prescribed in the manual and placarded on the aircraft. Normally, when an aircraft has an Empty Weight CG limit prescribed, the mechanic has to perform an adverse loading check and put placards in the cockpit accordingly if it falls outside of CG limits. However, Flight Design made this easy for us mechanics with the graph, and as a result, we don't have to do all the math involved as long as the EW is in the box.

I repeat, the graph above is not for pilots to use.

For pilots, your section is 6.1, Weight Limits, here is the CG range at the bottom of the text in this example. Note that the range prescribed has no weights mentioned, thus your W&B pre-flight graph is square as it will assume all limits are up to certificated weight.

image.png.c81828f710bd865c27c2b584be5eca02.png

40 minutes ago, airhound said:

Thank you Andy and Corey,

Any idea if the float plane structure was bolstered, if it had the higher LSA gross wt?

The structure of a airplane is not modified for strength when adding floats. The floats provide the lift to support the additional gross weight.