Midwest Meet Up?

GrassStripFlyBoy

Have been considering organizing a somewhat informal gathering in the midwest possibly in early July.  Perhaps in southern IN based around making it a non-stop leg for most of us regulars in this part of country, should anyone want to make it a day trip.  Current thought is a large county airport, nearby a few restaurants / hotels, and make it a one day hang out sort of deal, with option to grab a beer and spend the night.  Depending on interest level and location of those wanting to attend, we might move to a more scenic venue.  Open to inputs, starting with gaging the interest level.

I can provide the airport in southern IL if someone else wants to do the leg work. We have showers on site. There is plenty grass if you want to pitch a tent, or there is space on the airconditioned hangar floor. The airport has a crew car, and there are a few hotels in town. 

On 6/8/2022 at 8:31 AM, FlyingMonkey said:

Looks like 358nm and about 3.5hr flight for me.  It could happen...if the weather is good I could pop up, spend the night (if there's a good hotel), and head back in the morning.

If gas isn't $15/gal by then...

There is a fairly new Best Western, that I have heard is nice. We have a Super 8, and a few other locally owned hotels.

Either date is OK with me.  No preference.   I'll be down and back in one day, unless there is some really enticing evening event.  At my age, not much entices me any more.  :)

I can drop airhound at ALN, although I may not be the best candidate.

I'd prefer to be heading home from where ever by 1800, because my grass strip is unlighted.  Maybe earlier depending on winds and other weather.