In line fuel filter replacement. Where can I buy?

Ed Cesnalis

Move it to between the "T" and the "U" tube $ just ahead of the valve. Use fuel injection clamps on the T and U tubes, and leave the hose on the filter. I also tywrap the T tube to the firewall when I do a hose change. This makes hose removal and installation easy. You just need to remember to clamp the fuel lines before inspection.

I do exactly like Tom said. Every CT I do a hose change on I always move it. This way you just remove the pilot side panel and it's right there in front of you. There is absolutely no need for two filters. Even one rarely gets anything in them worth worrying about.

Tom's taking about the Tee that comes through the firewall and towards the pilot just before in bends about 130 degrees down toward the shut off valve. It's really easy to do. Then down below where it came out of just put back in a full length of hose since the filter won't be there anymore.

27 minutes ago, Ed Cesnalis said:

Okay, I'll try to talk my mechanic into Tom's method/location.  Please tell me where I can acquire a new filter in case my mechanic wants to be stubborn.  Thanks

SB-ASTM-CTSW-06 describes multiple locations that the filters have been located,  including upstream of the valve. It is acceptable to locate it there.