BRS Repack and rocket

TomC

What is your experience with the response time from BRS? I filled out the online form, made 2 phone calls and sent a service request email and haven't heard back from them yet.

I'm communicating with the place in NC as referenced on FD USA website. Should I try to contact the Minnesota facility? However, I can't find their contact info.

Thanks

Tom

3 hours ago, TomC said:

What is your experience with the response time from BRS? I filled out the online form, made 2 phone calls and sent a service request email and haven't heard back from them yet.

I'm communicating with the place in NC as referenced on FD USA website. Should I try to contact the Minnesota facility? However, I can't find their contact info.

Thanks

Tom

https://brsaerospace.com/repack-center/

It's hard to get a lot of things lately for certified aircraft, tires, oil filters. Continental cylinders, King Air fuel tanks, avionics, the list goes on. I guess if rockets and parachutes become that way we will have to fly without them for a while.

20 hours ago, tevbax said:

BRS quoted us 4-6 weeks for the rocket/ repack, and it was all 6 weeks. Hopefully it will be going back in this week. 

That's quite a wait. I hope I don't have to wait that long. But it's all up to them.

• 3 months later...

They had mine for repack & rocket for exactly 6 weeks from receipt to shipping, and it’s finally on its way back now.  Add a week for shipping there & back, plus additional time for removal/reinstall, and it’s a solid 2 months.  Six years ago, it was only a couple of weeks total downtime, which I felt was about right.  I hope they find a way to return to that level of service.  

2 hours ago, Tip said:

John, were you noticed when it was shipped?

Yes, it was shipped to my mechanic but Fedex sent a notice to me.  Along the way I had asked Phil Olson (a couple of times) to send tracking info upon shipping, but I get the impression they’ve pretty much got this part figured out. 

On 10/15/2022 at 9:03 PM, Jim Meade said:

I've had several phone calls with Derek at BRS and am generally satisfied with their communication.   I've used phone, text and email.

I gave up on phone communication early on, after leaving 3 or four phone messages requesting a return call over a several day period. I probably could have called someone directly later on but didn’t have the number.  

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I sent my BRS in for repack and received it and the new rocket back in 25 days. The cost is now $4700 which includes return shipping. Phil Olsen was great to work with, first with emails and then a couple phone calls.