Recommendations on Digital Torque wrench

Ken

Anyone have a recommendation for a digital torque wrench for general maintenance on a 912 ULS. What range of torque would be most useful? Maybe something good will turn up on Prime Day.

Thanks,

Ken 

N296CT 

10 minutes ago, Ken said:

Anyone have a recommendation for a digital torque wrench for general maintenance on a 912 ULS. What range of torque would be most useful? Maybe something good will turn up on Prime Day.

Thanks,

Ken 

N296CT 

I've had lots of torque wrenches over the years but the one I like is from Snap-on. They are expensive but last a long time and are accurate. Mine is mid range on torque settings. It's one tool I don't lend out to anyone.

I typically buy better tools, but in this instance bought Harbor Freight, at the time it had decent reviews for the accuracy of values.  3/8" drive is what I'd suggest regardless of brand you choose.  I've been happy with this unit:

3/8 in. Drive Click Type Torque Wrench (harborfreight.com)

Not digital but a vernier type scale.

My impression (and I am no expert)

1.  Get one with the primary measurement in the units you will use.  Just faster and easier to set than to convert NM to inch pds, etc. or vice-versa.

2.  Get one that is midrange for the most common torques, as I think I remember seeing that the reading is likely to be more consistent and accurate in the middle than if you are working at the top or bottom end of the range on that wrench.  This may mean you will get more than one wrench.

3.  Think about whether you want one that "clicks", one that has a digital display, or some other way of giving you the reading.