Wing root fuel leak [UPDATE]

EB3

If that mechanic is worth anything, they're also be happy to discuss options with you regarding courses of action. Especially if you can back it up.

The key word is discuss. There's owners out there who try to tell everyone how to do the work instead of making it a proper dialogue and they are not the ones I will work with.

We're dealing with fuel that could contain ethanol which is a strong solvent, so as a result it changes the approach to properly fixing this. Ethanol doesn't exist in standard aviation, so there are no industry accepted repairs at large, so they're probably trying to find answers to what makes this a proper permanent repair.

Another concern that might not have been considered is that if fuel is leaking through the fitting, is the sealant inside the tank compromised? If it is, this risks damage to your wing over time as fuel seeps into the composite.

Thanks for the input and encouragement.

This will be a pivotal year in deciding which way I want to go with aviation. It's important to me, but I gotta figure out how important versus other aspects of our lives right now (needy elderly parents, retirement options, etc.). Don't mean to sound melodramatic, but that's where I'm at.