Best carb floats

Big Flapper

The floats currently in production with the R stamp, ironically, are also produced by Marvel-Schebler. You didn't hear that from me ;)

Anyways, basically, the original float producer either went under or didn't want to make them anymore. Bing then went to another company who couldn't get the formulation right and they tried and tried.

Finally, Rotax said enough is enough and went to MS, who has decades and decades of carb experience, and produce the R stamped carbs now. Have had ZERO issues with them on several airplanes.

18 hours ago, GrassStripFlyBoy said:

I'd suggest Marvel-Schebler MS80-430 Float Kit For Bing Carburetor | Aircraft Spruce for experimental aircraft, weights are fantastic.  I've been running about 1.5 years and zero fuel spotting on the drip pans.  No regrets.

When the first MS floats came out for the 912 I bought them and built a test fixture to test them. They were too heavy and caused an incorrect float level. The senior engineer in that department was not happy during our conversation about them. They were then apparently taken off the market so I assume they corrected the weight issue.