Braided Fuel and Oil Lines

FlyingMonkey

8 hours ago, Jim Meade said:

Time to make popcorn.  Roger with 9,000 posts on here welcomes AS Flightlines who has 12.

No popcorn necessary.  9,000 posts means someone has a lot of spare time to type...nothing more.  We don't have the bandwidth to monitor most social media sites.....unless a specific thread is brought to our attention by someone.

Our owners have been in the hose business for 40 years and have seen just about every crazy thing you can imagine including garden hose for oil lines and galvanized piping utilized as fuel lines on a Rotax engine.  

Rotax engineering decided years ago that it was appropriate to utilize Teflon hoses on their engines directly from the factory.  There are very good reasons for it.  I like it when my aircraft mechanic follows best practice, versus continuing to do something that was appropriate in 1903.  This doesn't mean that rubber hoses are going to fall out of the sky.  Absolutely not.  It does mean that WHEN a hose change becomes necessary, owners should consider all the alternatives and then make a decision.

Below is a 2015 image of a 912 engine at the Rotax booth in Oshkosh.   Stratoflex 101 series integral firesleeve hose for the fuel lines.  STOCK OEM.

At this point, there is really no reason to continue to debate on this thread.  So we are going to bow out of the discussion.  If anyone has any questions regarding their specific aircraft, please feel free to send us an email.  We love talking to airplane owners.

Happy flying and be safe out there!

3015.JPG

8 hours ago, Jim Meade said:

Time to make popcorn.  Roger with 9,000 posts on here welcomes AS Flightlines who has 12.

How many posts someone has is irrelevant to whatever subject is discussed. This subject has gone so far into the weeds its become absurd.  It you want teflon then fine or if you want rubber then that's fine too. They are both acceptable and there is no reason to go as far as this subject has. My experience in dealing with Aircraft Specialty's is good, they are professional and produce a good product. I will do what I feel is best for my aircraft and myself as I have done for many years on all types of aircraft and have the experience and background to to make these decisions. I use this forum to get current information on issues that others have but don't see it as a contest to see who is right or wrong. At this time I am done with this subject as any more discussion of it makes no sense for me.

" 9,000 posts means someone has a lot of spare time to type...nothing more"

No it just means after 14 years on the forum, flying since 1980 and over 4700+ hrs. of flight time (Ultra Lights, Gyro's, Helicopters and fixed wing)  I care about people just like when I was a fire fighter. It's giving back to all those that have helped me along the way. Paying it forward. Everyone in the world should try it. Feels good. :) 

I've done a lot of research for companies and seeing if claims are what some claim. Many LSA LOA's and maint. manual changes are from my research.

I never shy away from digging deeper and uncovering real time truths and data regardless of where it leads. It's education.