What kind of prop??

procharger

It took under 90 minutes to change the prop.  The lugs came out with a few taps, except for one that I had to use another lug to force it out.  

I have it set to 26.8 degrees.  Climb is still >800 FPM (not at full power) and I was at 125 true at 5200 RPM (5.5 GPH per the Dynon).  I didn't try full throttle because it wasn't smooth enough.  I really like the 117 kt cruise at 4900 RPM using 4.5 GPH.  This is 80F at 2000 AGL.

e-props gave me their digital level tool, even though I didn't order it.  It seemed to work well.  I did check my cell phone against it and got the same answer to within a tenth of a degree.

1 hour ago, opticsguy said:

It took under 90 minutes to change the prop.  The lugs came out with a few taps, except for one that I had to use another lug to force it out.  

I have it set to 26.8 degrees.  Climb is still >800 FPM (not at full power) and I was at 125 true at 5200 RPM (5.5 GPH per the Dynon).  I didn't try full throttle because it wasn't smooth enough.  I really like the 117 kt cruise at 4900 RPM using 4.5 GPH.  This is 80F at 2000 AGL.

e-props gave me their digital level tool, even though I didn't order it.  It seemed to work well.  I did check my cell phone against it and got the same answer to within a tenth of a degree.

Sounds about right, I think mine is set to about 27°.  If your prop has a lot of vibe at high rpm there might be something not set right.  I'd verify again that all the blades' pitch are set as close to identically as possible.  Also make sure all your hub bolts have proper torque. 

Mine has a little more vibration between 4700-4900rpm, but is smooth from 4900rpm all the way to 5500rpm.

2 hours ago, FlyingMonkey said:

Sounds about right, I think mine is set to about 27°.  If your prop has a lot of vibe at high rpm there might be something not set right.  I'd verify again that all the blades' pitch are set as close to identically as possible.  Also make sure all your hub bolts have proper torque. 

Mine has a little more vibration between 4700-4900rpm, but is smooth from 4900rpm all the way to 5500rpm.

I think he might have been referring to thermally roughness.

For what it's worth, I set my e-props pitch at 26.8 this past winter, as things have warmed up it seems to be too fine, and last week added 0.4 more, new setting of 27.2

Still hits all of 5600 WOT.  I've really enjoyed the quieter and efficient cruise around 5k RPM.  Last hop was Sunday, strong tailwind and headwind on this journey, but 150mph at 4900rpm was a treat:

image.png.2354f9d053618dadd6f44251e0af9404.png

2 hours ago, opticsguy said:

Correct.  It was starting to get bumpy and didn't want to stress the airframe.  Vibration wise, it was pretty good.  So good, that I didn't remember to turn on the noise canceling on my Zulu3 until the runup.

Ah, well that's better!  I misread that, thanks.  And thanks Tom.

3 hours ago, opticsguy said:

So what is a Neuform prop with 760 hrs worth?

I don’t know, but I have one with 900hrs that’s been for sale on the forum for a couple of weeks for $800 (reduced from originally $1000) and it hasn’t sold yet.  If it doesn’t sell at that price I’ll probably just hang it on the wall.

On 6/11/2023 at 8:23 PM, FlyingMonkey said:

I don’t know, but I have one with 900hrs that’s been for sale on the forum for a couple of weeks for $800 (reduced from originally $1000) and it hasn’t sold yet.  If it doesn’t sell at that price I’ll probably just hang it on the wall.

Not heavy enough to be a boat anchor