Static port

swedishCT

11 hours ago, swedishCT said:

Jeff, that's exactly what I needed. Your the best! If it's no to much to mask, could you please send me the following as well:

Outerdiameter of the port, 

Inner diameter of the hole

the hight of the airdamm

And the width of the airdamm

20230223_054428.thumb.jpg.631369871750f5ce47f2ef6c0d7c3e11.jpg

I probably won’t be back at the airport until Monday as I’m going out of town (driving). Maybe someone else can grab the measurements?

13 hours ago, swedishCT said:

Jeff, that's exactly what I needed. Your the best! If it's no to much to mask, could you please send me the following as well:

Outerdiameter of the port, 

Inner diameter of the hole

the hight of the airdamm

And the width of the airdamm

20230223_054428.thumb.jpg.631369871750f5ce47f2ef6c0d7c3e11.jpg

I have my CT in my back yard, so here are the measurements from mine: It's a 2008 CTLS The height of the air dam is 2.5 mm, Hole in the center is 5 mm, Width of the port is 41 mm, width of the air dam is 16mm. Or you could just purchase one from FD. See attached picture for part number.

IMG_0686.JPG

Thx alot Bigf

As i metioned earlier on, I've tried getting one directly from FD, and the answer I received about 1 week ago was that they do not know when they can get me the parts and they can't give me an exact price of the parts due to price increase world wide etc etc.

On 2/17/2023 at 5:52 PM, swedishCT said:

Hey Anticept, thx for the info! Thing is that I've been in contact with FD and they do not know when they can provide me with the parts.

Do you have any picture of the static port?

Ofcourse! I'll share the stl! Yes, it's resin printed on a formlabs 3 using their though resin, it's so smooth that sanding it would not make that much of a difference, perhaps the only part I would have to file/sand down would be the bumps from the supports on the leading edge of the airdam.

1 hour ago, swedishCT said:

So here are the stl-files

• the outer thread of the static port is m16x1,5 
  • the inner thread of the static port is 1/8" BSP
  • the inner thread of the nut is also m16x1,5

static port nut m16x1,5 v1.stl 482.02 kB · 3 downloads static port m16x1,5 v1.stl 2.64 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks!  I have a resin printer also as well as FDM. 

A tip I learned for FDM printers:  If you need something smooth and still precise, brush on some UV cured resin to fill in layer lines, then hit it with a UV light to cure it.  Then you can sand it very smooth with some fine sandpaper without losing dimensions.

Thx for the heads-up anticept, however the resin I used has great chemical resistance and is not affected by oil, gasoline, ethanol, diesel etc. 

https://support.formlabs.com/s/article/Solvent-Compatibility?language=en_US

Flyingmonkey, that's an awesome way to get things super smooth. However, I've pretty much stopped using my FDM printers and soly use my resin or sintering printer since the result are that much better, I find that the resins out there have such great properties that one can almost 3d print anything, one just has to use the right resin and printer.

Once again thanks for all the support and happy/safe flying!

10 hours ago, swedishCT said:

Flyingmonkey, that's an awesome way to get things super smooth. However, I've pretty much stopped using my FDM printers and soly use my resin or sintering printer since the result are that much better, I find that the resins out there have such great properties that one can almost 3d print anything, one just has to use the right resin and printer.

Once again thanks for all the support and happy/safe flying!

Yeah, my FDM is a dust collector most of the time too.  The only advantage it has is that the PLA & ABS used in FDM are a little more durable than resin, which tends to be a little brittle.  I think both with become brittle and break down over time exposed to UV light, so I'd definitely check your homemade static port carefully at each annual.  The good news is you can print a new one in a couple of hours!

Thanks again, this is an awesome bit of engineering.