stupid question

bruno dias

Good afternoon, I have a question a bit stupid

I see that people get on the plane to open the window and then puts his hand inside to open the door

there is no other way to go?

a handle on the outside?

Excuse the bad English, I used the translator

but this way people can reach any open window and put his hand inside the plane

I think it would be better to have a handle on the outside, like the other lsa

already now a suggestion

there should not be a topic where users insert pictures of their planes?

I think it would be better to have a handle on the outside, like the other lsa

Well, the CT is not alone...

In my Sky Arrow, you slide open the vent window, then reach inside and slide the canopy latch open:

5814511375_deaf951483_z.jpg

The only lock is a little pin lock that keeps the vent window from sliding - so easily defeated its probably there just as a formality.

I think of planes like convertible cars - they're so easy to break into that by locking them, all your doing is forcing the cretins to do more damage as the get to your stuff.

I think of planes like convertible cars - they're so easy to break into that by locking them, all your doing is forcing the cretins to do more damage as the get to your stuff.

I lived for 10 years in Germany. There is a law that you must lock your car if you leave it unattended. If you don't, you may be issued a citation. You may leave your convertible parked in the streed with teh top down, but you must lock the doors. It's the law.

I ask again - what about the door locks? Do they work? I may have to go to the airport today to check it out.

I see that people get on the plane to open the window and then puts his hand inside to open the door

On my 2007 FD CTSW, there are two locks, one on each door. The locks are down near where door meets the frame and do lock. That should answer your question.

One can always use a prop lock or various other ways of securing an airplane. After all, a J3 cub has neither locks nor key switches. None of the twins, turbo-props or jets I flew had a key ignition, though they all had door locks. FD is far from the most stealable airplane.

well i think it´s not a good idea

everbody can open the airplane in that way, and steal thinks

for me i think they need to put handle outsite te door

They can only get in if they break or pick the door locks. They can not get in through the vent window if the door lock is locked.

They can only get in if they break or pick the door locks. They can not get in through the vent window if the door lock is locked.

Unless they have ANY key to ANY CT aircraft!! All the doorkeys (and ignition keys) are the same as I said - but is that a problem?

Unless they have ANY key to ANY CT aircraft!! All the doorkeys (and ignition keys) are the same as I said - but is that a problem?

I think that used to be true, but changed with the CTLS. I know at Sebring or Oshkosh we tried different key to unlock an airplane with no luck. Tom

The 06's were all the same and a few 07's, but there have been some changes. Door locks are different ignition keys the same.

I don't really understand about the worry on keys and doors. You can use a screwdriver to get in so why worry about a door key. The ignition is such a simple design just pull the panel and then start the engine. Keys are only for honest people. If you put things away in the cockpit they can't really get to much from outside and if they want it that bad your door, your lock or your window won't stop them.

This holds true for many planes, not just the CT.

Archived