New Cockpit Camera

CT4ME

Yes, as long as you want a camera that is sitting still, since they don't have viewfinders or lcd screens. (You can get an lcd back for the Hero, but I have not seen it in use.)

I tried a polarizing ND filter for the Hero - it helped a bit but far from fixing the problem.

• 1 month later...

I finally got a flight in with the NFlight +2 and it handles the prop blur very well. I mount it inverted with the suction cup mount to the "sunroof" on the top of my CTLS cabin. Of the two, at this point, I prefer the NFlight for shooting forward, although I had some audio problems that seemed to possibly be a loose, or not completely inserted, plug. I will have to pay closer attention next time.

A couple of weeks after I bought the NFlight (of course) Sporty's/Nflight came out with a prop filter and an audio connector for the Hero3 that is supposed to solve the problems. I suspect with that setup, it will be at least as good as the Nflight, but, the lens and the cable cost another $80 or so.

The GPS data on the Nflight is nice, but not consistent. On approach to KFAR the controllerhad me do a 360 for sequencing and the GPS lost signal for half of the circle. One other consideration is that the Nflight allows the horizontal angle to be set anywhere between vertical and upside down where the Hero3 is can only be flipped 180 degrees. Of course this can usually be compensated for by adjusting the mount.

I like them both, and I would like to see what the filter for the Hero3 does with the prop blur.

Once I get the audio problem fixed I will post a couple of comparison videos.

Archived