Disconnecting Throttle Cables

Douglas Bohnert

Roger tried to explain this to me yesterday but am still lost as to how to disconnect the throttle cables...

It seems to me the prudent thing to do is after disconnecting the throttle and choke connectors is to then remove the bracket (noted by "B" in picture). But the problem is the choke cable nut ("A" in picture) will only back off a little bit and the tube going into the bracket (A) at the choke will not come out.

What am I missing here? Obviously my brain is on vacation...

post-451-0-27364800-1319735607_thumb.jpg

Roger tried to explain this to me yesterday but am still lost as to how to disconnect the throttle cables...

It seems to me the prudent thing to do is after disconnecting the throttle and choke connectors is to then remove the bracket (noted by "B" in picture). But the problem is the choke cable nut ("A" in picture) will only back off a little bit and the tube going into the bracket (A) at the choke will not come out.

What am I missing here? Obviously my brain is on vacation...

Disconnect the small spring so the ckoke lever can move to the full open without pulling closed. Open the choke lever fully. Pull the tail of the cable out of the slot under the set screw, and rotate the top cable down and out of the slot. Your cable should be free from the lever. With the cable removed you should be able to slide the cable housing back from the curved tube. This should let you un-screw the curved tube from the carb housing. The nut is only a lock nut to keep the tube from turning.

I like to remove the throttle lever rather than removing the cable.

Remove the screw and nut, and the whole bracket and cables should be loose from the carb.

Archived