Weight and Balance

Flying Bozo

I have used the Visual Weight and Balance calculator and find it rather fascinating and useful.

Here is the link...

http://www.skybound.nl/cgi-bin/service/wb/index.cgi

Put in your weights and moments and you can use the sliders to vary the weights and other loading. You will come away with good information about loading the CT and also see just how forgiving the CT is on loading and keeping your CG in the envelope.

Larry Flying Bozo

Here's a simple spreadsheet I developed and published a while ago on the forum for my W&B. The sheet is locked so one must go into "tools" and "unprotect" this to put in empty weight. All other boxes will calculate weights and C.G.'s. This spreadsheet s for CTSW only and it needs to have parameters changed for CTLS calculations.

N9922Z W&B worksheet_100210.xls

Dick,

Thanks for the reply to my weight and balance post. I took a look at your spreadsheet and it looks good. But I wish you would give the one that I posted a try because it is interactive and visual. It puts everything right up on the loading diagram and shows the fuel as a line from full to empty which is a very graphic way of getting the information across.

It is a free site but if you prefer not to sign up the sample is a Cessna 172 that you can play around with and see how informative the presentation is.

I hope you get a chance to try it out.

Larry

Flying Bozo

Dick, I also like the way your spread sheet cell turns red if you exceed the limits. But if you get on to this other one the results are shown on the loading diagram and it is easy to see what is causing the overload or whatever. I also like the way it shows the fuel as a line from the full to empty place on the loading graph so you can easily tell what is required to make everything fall into the proper envelope.

Larry

Flying Bozo

Hi Larry. I quickly put in my post today and failed to mention that I appreciate you posting the link to the C.G. calculator. Forum members who provide input make this forum one of the best, if not the best place to come to find important, informative and entertaining LSA information. Graphic displays are a much better way to present data than by doing this with a set of cold numbers which a spreadsheet like mine provides. Since I know that the only way I can put my CT outside of the C.G. envelope is to have 31 or more gallons of fuel with just myself onboard, I rarely think about C.G. and almost forgot that I had my spreadsheet. I'll try to find the time to check out your link.

Dick, thanks for the good words, I particularly enjoy this sort of educational conversation.

With the weight and balance that I have I can't get the same result because my sheets show the arm of the fuel to be 11.8 but I see that the arm you use on your spread sheet is 8.3. Hmmmm my sheet showing that is the one with my N number on it signed by someone in the Ukraine... imagine that! Who is correct? Perhaps we could get some other CTSW owners in there to let us know what their paperwork says.

Larry

Flying Bozo

Larry, I checked my original W&B sheet and you are correct, the arm for fuel should be 11.8". I also see that the baggage arm should be 43". I will revise my W&B spreadsheet and will publish this once I verify my numbers. Thank you for pointing this out.

Archived