FD Safety Alert SA-ASTM-04

Bugs

I just ran across the FLight Design Safety Alert. SA-ASTM-CTSW-04 that references a Rotax Bulletin concerning defective crankshaft journals. Apparently one must pay Rotax to have access to their Bullietins. Anyone familiar with the situation ? Thanks.

Bugs, I am not sure if you have to pay Rotax to access their service and safety bulletins. I subscribe to Rotax website and have downloaded the Safety Alert you refer to. Here are both the Flight Design service bulletin and the Rotax service bulletin that relate to the crankshaft.

SA-ASTM-CTSW-04.pdf

ASB912059UL.pdf

From the rotax-owner.com website...

By registering with Rotax Owner, users will receive free Rotax Service Bulletins (SB), Service Information (SI)

and other pertinent flight safety information as it is released by the Rotax factory.

Take a vested interest in keeping up to date on the safe operation of your Rotax Aircraft Engine

by registering for Rotax-Owner.com services today

If you register with the aircraft company, in this case Flight Design, they will also send you bulletins, as they pertain to your aircraft.

Tim

• 5 months later...
Guest alonzomerrill

I would like to know your that you will get Rotax Service Bulletins without any cost by register in rotax service site. All flight safety information is available in the website and you can subscribe for Safety Alert. I am daily user of the rotax site and get daily safety updates which is very important for me.

Archived