Skycatcher Door Damaged

Runtoeat

I was informed that a local flying club's Skycatcher (Cessna C162) had a door come unlatched during flight and the door was damaged. The information I got indicates that the door was properly latched and Cessna is investigating the incident. I believe that the Skycatcher has up swinging doors, similar to the CT.

• 2 months later...

One difference is that the Skycatcher has only a front and back latch - none in the middle bottom as in the CTLS. My flight school had it happen today - fortunately not in the Skycatcher I was in. Somone said Cessna has a fix for this?

I think that a lot of the "buyers" are Cessna dealers who are expected to carry Skycatchers in their inventory but this is just my opinion and I have not researched where and how many sales are occuring. The one Skycatcher that I know of here in the Michigan area is one that a flying club in Ann Arbor purchased. This one had a door come unlatched with subsequent damage. The Skycatcher is supposed to be a nice flying aircraft. It has less useful load and quite a lot less range than a CT has.

This post has been corrected - I stated that the Skycatcher "lost" it's door which is not correct.

Archived