Airport Home at Camp Verde

DocRon

Guys, an acquaintenance at Camp Verde/Montezuma airport told me about an interesting airport home with hangar that is on the market now. You can see it at http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2375-N-Cessna-Cir-Camp-Verde-AZ-86322/8767307_zpid/

What's interesting, according to him, is that this home was up for sale for $499K and is now down to $250K. Since it hasn't sold it is in foreclosure and will be sold on the Courthouse steps in Prescott on March 14th. This gentlemen says he doubts if it will go for even $200K (even though the loan against the property is $398K). He also said the realtor did not advertise the property much and not at all to the aviation community, so this thing might go for a song.

Just thought I'd post this in case someone on the Forum might be interested.

post-408-0-50468900-1329419914_thumb.jpg

I looked at it today. I flew in there in my SW and there happened to be another SW based there that I have not seen before.

About the house, I only saw it from the outside and I don't believe that it is in the price range mentioned above. If the bank loaned 398K on it I would like to sell them a bridge. However at the right price there is a lot of potential there.

The lot is large and there is a large hanger unattached that looks pretty good. The house is pretty plain and there is no paved drive or taxiway to the hangar, only stone.

Tim, if you wanted to look at it yourself you can fly in there and land and taxi right up in the front of it and get out and look it over. The community dues are $270 a quarter includes water and rubbish and maintains the runway (extremely good condition) and the roads and such.

Larry N255CT

I looked at it today. I flew in there in my SW and there happened to be another SW based there that I have not seen before.

About the house, I only saw it from the outside and I don't believe that it is in the price range mentioned above. If the bank loaned 398K on it I would like to sell them a bridge. However at the right price there is a lot of potential there.

The lot is large and there is a large hanger unattached that looks pretty good. The house is pretty plain and there is no paved drive or taxiway to the hangar, only stone.

Tim, if you wanted to look at it yourself you can fly in there and land and taxi right up in the front of it and get out and look it over. The community dues are $270 a quarter includes water and rubbish and maintains the runway (extremely good condition) and the roads and such.

Larry N255CT

Guys, I don't know for sure but doesn't "foreclosure" mean that this is an absolute auction? That is, it will be sold for the highest price no matter how low that price is? My contract at that airport says the current owner had never lived in the house. He did, however, put in new heating and air conditioning. Hope that helps.

I would beware on the foreclosure assumptions. I have been to two airplane auctions in the last year and the liens that were on the aircraft remained for the new purchaser to settle. One plane was a Cessna 310 that went for $5800 because the liens were significant and were carried over to the successful bidder.

These were both Sheriff's auctions as this house will be. At the beginning of the auction they stated that the liens remained so there was no trickery there.

Good luck!

Larry

N255CT

'drove up today...'Pretty nice, no palace, but nice. The airpark has a eclectic mix of dives and palaces.

BUT local airpark resident said the Bank will automatically bid the amount owed ($398K?) and then deal with it afterward. I'm still going to check a bit more.

Tim

Tim,

From what I have read I can't believe that the bank would do that. I can't see what it would get them. They already own it so all they have to do is let it auction and if they don't like the price then it doesn't sell.

I agree with nice but rather spartan.

On another subject...the decals. Do you have one that goes where the brake lock is? I have the Brake one that you sent but there is another one where you set the brake and mine is all worn off.

Thanks,

Larry

Archived