iPad Audio In

Jim Meade

I may be flying my young grandson for an extended trip. To keep him entertained, we might use an iPad and put some songs, movies on them or let him play Angry Birds all the way. :)

I have an audio in receptacle on my panel, but have never used it. Does one use the iPad speaker jack and connect it to the audio in? Can I isolate that so only he hears it?

Any tips much appreciated. I have a couple of days to practice before the flight. I have no experience or knowledge at all so I'm "all ears".

TIA

Hi Jim,

Yes, you connect the audio out from the IPad to your Aux music In jack on the center console. Set the Aux audio switch to Aux instead of music, which would be feed from your Garmin GPS. If you don't want to listen to angry birds anymore, set your intercomm isolate switch up and that should isolate you from the noise. He may have to tap you to let you know he wants to talk to you because I think it blocks his mic as well.

Jim,

You may have two options.

1. My intercom is a PS Engineering PM1000 II which has an audio in with auto-muting of music. It also has a pilot isolate switch but then you won't be able to talk with your grandson. Most intercoms have these features. 2. Many headsets have a music input as well so you could plug the IPad straight to his headset with no need for isolate or auto mute.

Radio Shack will have a cable to fit your needs.

Archived