Skyview Audio Volume?

Scotsman58

I'm interested if anyone else with the CTLS Skyview package has tried upgrading to V. 3.3 of the Skyview operating system, which adds audio alerting. On mine, the alerts work fine, but at a low volume that isn't sufficiently audible in my view (especially with the engine running). I've gone into the audio setup menu, and the volume is set to the max (100%). The volume button on the PM3000 intercom only operates the intercom volume, I believe, and not the volume of the radios or other input sources. Anybody else experienced this and maybe found a solution?

I'm hoping to make the cable connection this week.

Can you tell me what connectors I'll need on each end of the cable to connect the DYNON SKYVIEW to the PM-3000 intercomm?

I'll give you a PIREP once I've connected.

Can't help you with the cable connections - Flight Design USA hooked it for me. You could ask them, but I think you could also get a quick answer on the Dynon Avionics support forum.

• 2 months later...

I just upgraded my new CTLS Skyview (that had 3.2 when delivered) to 3.3 to turn on and enable the audio alerting. The wiring was already done by Flight Design on my bird to connect the audio out of the sky view to the PM3000. My volume (set at 75 in the setup screen) is more than adequate. Any higher on mine and it would scare the bejesus out of me while I was flying!

Archived