Another EFB Mount company

CT4ME

I've found another company that offers a wide variety of mounting options for aircraft or other vehicles. The have units for phones, tablets, and GPSs... and have bolt, suction, or clamp mounts. They have unit-specific mounts, and universal mounts, too. It looks like they are considerably cheaper than RAM, and are sold at discount places like Amazon or Ebay.

Check them out... Arkon Mounts

On Amazon On Ebay

Tim

• 1 month later...

I've seen four types in use, but not specifically from this company...

1. short window suction mount - left side or right, front of window, kinda extends panel. 'seen this on many planes.

2. gooseneck mount... between seats, attached to seat rail. Nice, swings to both sides...

3. clamp mount... connected to bar across top of windscreen.

4. screw mounted to reinforced top of mushroom,

I just got a 7" android... I'm thinking of picking up the gooseneck one, as I like that it can be readily moved/shared. May be better for adjusting for glare. I see they also have a little 7" visor, for shading the screen.

Tim

I've seen four types in use, but not specifically from this company...

1. short window suction mount - left side or right, front of window, kinda extends panel. 'seen this on many planes.

2. gooseneck mount... between seats, attached to seat rail. Nice, swings to both sides...

3. clamp mount... connected to bar across top of windscreen.

4. screw mounted to reinforced top of mushroom,

I just got a 7" android... I'm thinking of picking up the gooseneck one, as I like that it can be readily moved/shared. May be better for adjusting for glare. I see they also have a little 7" visor, for shading the screen.

Tim

How is that suction cup mount on the window working out for those who've tried it? Since this CT is owned in a partnership I feel like I should be looking at easily removable solutions.

Another interesting possibility:

http://www.seasucker.com/content/naked-flex-mount

This is probably the most expensive solution I've found, but it appears to have the most promise. I hate suction cups that give way, usually at the worst possible moment. The flexible neck is also appealing.

Sporty's suction cup solution works very well and is easily removed and installed.

Sporty's sells RAM mounts so I presume that's what you got. I have a basic confidence issue with suction cups that I'm having a hard time overcoming. From my experience with automotive GPS mounts, they seem to be good for only a couple of hours, then, plop. The RAM suction cups are a lot larger than the typical GPS mount, but it also has to hold a lot more weight. I am also wondering about the practicality of mounting the thing on the pilot's side window. No more taxiing with the door open for sure.

• 2 months later...

Update on the suction cup mount issue. I am now using SeaSucker mounts. These are popular mounting products in boating but have not found much use in aviation apparently. They are very large cups (over 4 inches) with piston pumps. Not only do they stick very well but the pump buttons indicate when the suction is bleeding out. For around $100 you get two cups and a flex arm. To start I mounted the iPad on the window as other have done, but wasn't satisfied with that if only because no more taxiing with the door open is a drag. I found some room on the right side of the panel (analog setup) that was just large enough to accommodate a cup. This is working really well. I can post photos of this setup if anyone is interested.

Archived