LS owners check your gear

coppercity

LS owners out there, do a quick check of your main gear leg attachments points occasionally. There is a thin piece of rubber that wraps around the gear leg at the outer mounting attachment block/clamp. Over time the rubber seems to work its way out and cause slop in the area between the gear leg and the gear clamp. You can check this by simply lifting the wing from the outer spar area so the main gear is slightly off the ground. Watch the movement of the gear leg as you lift, if you see a lot of movement at the gear leg to fuselage area before the tire leaves the ground then I bet your missing the rubber strip. Over time that could cause some excess stress on your gear leg.

Eric, Is this the thin (on my bird its an off white color) weatherstripping that wraps around the gear right up above where the the leg goes into the plastic shroud? Or are you speaking of something else? A pic would be helpful! My bird is brand new and that little weather stripping piece is already falling out. I assumed that was literally to keep dirt and crap from splashing up into the plastic fairing that extends down from the body. I'm wondering if you are referring to a piece farther up underneath that plastic leg cover.

Archived