CTSW Main Spring Bar not Center

Bobby CAU

Dear fellow CTFlier,

my CTSW had some issue from initial assembly by factory, the main spring bar is not flat but side ways to right instead.

1. any possible to re assemble to make it right?

2. any possible to replace with CTLS one?

im eager to know and looking forward of your opinion ...

regards,

Bobby CAU

Hi Bobby,

No picture in your post. I went in to the parts manual and found that part number goes to the gear leg. The LS is a completely different system and will not work. The gear legs are not straight out of the fuselage and angle forward. So long as the tires are wearing fairly equal I wouldn't worry about it unless you have had a hard landing and bent it and it now allows for that wing to sag. One way to help adjust toe in/out or camber is to put on Matco wheels and brakes. These are adjustable and the originals are not. That said there is a way to adjust the toe in/out on the original wheels, but it's a PITA and takes some extra drilling and welding.

p.s.

I sent you a private email on your request.

Hello Roger,

thanks for the QUICK response.

you are right, this should call gear leg.

i attach the photo again, i marked on the picture.

as i said, the initial deliver by FD was wrong already but the owner got no response from FD.

when i bought the plane i brought the topics to FD since last year, and again no NEWS at all.

as i knew, this plane got no hard landing before.

production no is 07-04-01

regards,

Bobby CAU

quote name='Roger Lee' timestamp='1339527520' post='10094']

Hi Bobby,

No picture in your post. I went in to the parts manual and found that part number goes to the gear leg. The LS is a completely different system and will not work. The gear legs are not straight out of the fuselage and angle forward. So long as the tires are wearing fairly equal I wouldn't worry about it unless you have had a hard landing and bent it and it now allows for that wing to sag. One way to help adjust toe in/out or camber is to put on Matco wheels and brakes. These are adjustable and the originals are not. That said there is a way to adjust the toe in/out on the original wheels, but it's a PITA and takes some extra drilling and welding.

p.s.

I sent you a private email on your request.

post-819-0-48312200-1339553564_thumb.jpg

Hi Bobby,

I see the plane's gear legs, but I'm not sure why you think they are mis-aligned. They should be slightly positioned forward. I may be missing something. Does anyone else see what Bobby's pointing to? I'm not sure I understand. maybe take the picture from a different angle.

Hi Bobby. As Roger suggests, please give us a few pictures of your landing gear. How about a picture taken directly from the both sides taken directly out from each main wheel. Also, a picture directly from the front and one from the rear.

Archived