Number Confusion

Doug G.

Hi all,

I was setting up a listing of airspeeds, etc. for the CTLS and I came across a couple of confusing numbers in the AOI.

The Vy (best rate) for 15 degrees of flaps is listed as two different speeds. On page 5-1 (Performance) it says 15 deg. best rate is 62 kts. On page 4-3 on the take-off "card" it says best rate is 67 kts.??

I am inclined (no pun intended) to go with the 67 since the best angle with 15 deg. is 61 kts.

Anyone know what the right speed is? That is quite a difference. (Or am I missing something?)

Doug

Hi all,

I was setting up a listing of airspeeds, etc. for the CTLS and I came across a couple of confusing numbers in the AOI.

The Vy (best rate) for 15 degrees of flaps is listed as two different speeds. On page 5-1 (Performance) it says 15 deg. best rate is 62 kts. On page 4-3 on the take-off "card" it says best rate is 67 kts.??

I am inclined (no pun intended) to go with the 67 since the best angle with 15 deg. is 61 kts.

Anyone know what the right speed is? That is quite a difference. (Or am I missing something?)

Doug

Hi Doug,

There have been some revisions on the speeds in the latest LS manual, 61KIAS is a good number for Vy with 15 flaps at gross wt. 51 is a good number for Vx at 15 flaps at gross wt. 67 is safe of course but it's a little fast and your climb rate will suffer some.

To keep it simple you could use 55 for Vx, 60 for Vy flaps 15 then 70 for Vy flaps 0.

Hi Doug,

There is a new version being provided with the latest CTLS's at delivery. There are some slight changes to the newer CTLS that would not make this newer manual appropriate for a earlier model CTLS. Its an improved manual over the 2009 revision but still needs a few kinks worked out. I would imagine FD will publish an update to the 2009 revision at some point based on the latest manual.

Archived