In need of CT Keys

Roger Lee

Can anyone here help?

I belong to the same flying club in Western Australia as John Reay. My reason for writing is to see if you have any idea on how we could get some ignition blanks. Our CT only arrived with one key and we'd like to make some duplicates. The manufacturer is 'Kraus & Naimer' and the code on the key, which I assume is for the blank, is 'KN101'. They're simply not available here, and I'm told by our key cutting people. that it may be restricted to the Northern Hemisphere. Regards Murray Slavin<br style="line-height: 16px; outline: none; font-family: monospace; font-size: 14px; ">

murray.slavin@slavinarch.com.au

The old CTFlyer forum had information about the key blanks, but it doesn't appear to be running any more. While it didn't have much recent activity, there was a wealth of older information there. You MIGHT be able to find something by digging through the archives of the website at archive.org. Just enter ctflyer.com in the "wayback machine" area at the top.

The archive.org website keeps a periodic copy of just about every website in the World, going back many years.

Tim

http://ctflier.com/index.php?/topic/9-key/page__p__17__hl__keys__fromsearch__1#entry17

The Harley Davidson key blank is correct; but I think I may have used a different one for the door. I did have to tune them up carefully with my dremel after having them cut since the locksmith's machine didn't do such a good job.

The funny thing is this started with Roger asking if anyone could help. Turns out Roger can.

I looked at my spare keys and the ILCO YH27 is correct for the door but the ignition was a Taylor X94 blank. Rare but can be found on EBAY. I also had to chamfer down the edge of the Taylor key on both sides so it's width is tapered like the unobtainable Kraus&Naimer blank.

Heard from Murray yesterday (the person who made the original enquiry) to say that he has solved the problem and found a place where the keys can be cut.

"I've actually found the KN101 keys at a Pacific Automation. It turns out it's not only a common key for switch gear, but also was also used for an English Ford Prefect some decades ago!"

Thanks to all those who responded.

Archived