Paint

Doug G.

If you are just going to brush touch the chips I don't see what would be wrong with using auto paint. When doing so, just apply paint to the inside of the chipped area keeping it as small as possible. Sometimes a toothpick will work fine. The small dots of paint will be less noticeable than the chip but of course if you want it looking really good, it will need to be painted and blended or panel painted.

Automotive paint is fine. When you damage large areas that is what is usually used. It really exclusive auto paint. These paints get used on many things.

Hopefully CT4ME will read this and tell you where to buy the paint pens which work well for rock chip type touch up.

Just now seeing this thread. Hobby Lobby or most stores - including Roger's favorite, ACE Hardware, have white paint pens that work well to touch up little spots. My experience with this paint is that it does turn slightly yellow after a year or so and must be re-done. Recently, I had to have an area on my wing re-painted that is near the fuel filler area. Previously, the rattle-can white paint supplied by FD was used but this ended up wrinkling up when fuel was dripped on it. My mechanic had the local bump shop paint the wing with DuPont two part auto paint and this is not affected by fuel after curing. I took my cargo door into the local auto supply shop and they did a computer scanned color match on the door to blend a DuPont white for the bump shop which perfectly matched my CT.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived