Landing on Mars

Runtoeat

Although this has nothing to do with a CT, it is all about landing technique. It has been brought to my attention that we're going to attempt another Mars landing this August 5th. I found this video fascinating. If this all goes off as planned, kudo's to the brainiacs who developed the procedure and technology to make it happen.

My link

I can’t wait to read to failure report to discover which of these many carefully designed, but untested, methods ultimately results in the crash. I think they should have gone with my suggestion to drop a phalanx of nanorobots to the surface and have them rapidly assemble a giant trampoline of silicon nanotubes gleened from the elements in the martian soil.

Gill: All you have to do swim inside, jam a pebble in the fan, and swim out. Once you do that, this tank is going to get filthier and filthier, and the dentist will have no choice but to clean the tank himself. He'll put us in individual baggies, then we roll out the window, down to the ground, across the street, and into the ocean. It's foolproof!

Archived