Flap Position Indicator Light

Jim Meade

From time to time, for no reason I can determine, the flap indicator display goes blank. More rarely, it stays set on one number when the flap switch is moved.

Is there any field wisdom as to what is causing this erratic intermittent behavior? If I pull the BAT button and reset it, it works perfectly every time.

Suggestions?

There is a "Flap Control Unit..." file in the download section. It has procedures and diagrams. Some of the CTSW units have been flakey over time. It could be the rotating switch, or it could be the circuit board. My circuit board gave up the ghost (the pre-sets) and I run the flaps in manual mode now. A replacement circuit board is $8-900. Not sure if you have a SW or LS, but if you have an SW, one alternative is to upgrade the whole thing to LS parts.

Tim

ps.... when it goes "blank" is there just dashes, or is it totally dark?

Sometimes it goes totally blank, sometimes dashes. Usually blank. Thanks for the download info. This is going on my "total rework" list for this winter.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone put sensor on any of the control surfaces and used the SkyView to display trim settings?

Archived