Neuform Prop

flyerg1000

My maintenance shop has to assemble a 3 bladed ground adjustable Neuform prop (white), they have the Neuform prop manual but can not work out the initial prop pitch angle from the table given. Also they say the reference point from which it is to be measured is not clear. Do we have someone who can assist?

My own prop has run out of hours and had to be sent to Neuform Germany.

Many thanks,

Niels

CTLS VH-NKO

Hi Niels!

Have them call me around 0830 Tucson time tomorrow and I'll get them all fixed up. Tell them it's a piece of cake.

Hi Roger,

Thank you for your kind offer to assist, I have passed on your details to Eric who will call you if he still needs help. One of the concerns here is the mention of a "NEUFORM angle measurment device" etc. and no starting pitch angle to set the prop up?

Niels

CTLS VH-NKO

You can use a prop protractor or just a 12" digital torpedo level. Last year at the Page Fly-In I just used my IPAD to set a prop. If you don't know the angle you want then shoot for 4900 rpm static. That will get you in the ballpark, then go out and fly it and look for 5600+/- rpm WOT flat and level to make the final adjustment..

You can use a prop protractor or just a 12" digital torpedo level. Last year at the Page Fly-In I just used my IPAD to set a prop. If you don't know the angle you want then shoot for 4900 rpm static. That will get you in the ballpark, then go out and fly it and look for 5600+/- rpm WOT flat and level to make the final adjustment..

Hi Roger

My sincere thank you for the wonderful help you have given to get this prop up to the pitch that it needed.

Eric from the prop shop has now set the angle without any further problems thanks to your assistance

which went far beyond from what could reasonably be expect and under difficult circumstances at that.

I trust it is all going well for you at the same time. Eric is from the old school and would not release the prop

until he was happy with the settings and thanks to Roger that has now occurred.

Niels

CTLS VH-NKO

Archived