Wanted trutrak display - blue

CT_MATT

Matt,

I think most of us, myself included, sent the unit back to TruTrak for an overhaul.

They will save all your settings and then give you a new display, main board, software update, calibrate everything.

Then bench test and restore your settings so it will simply plug back in and work.

I think it's about $500, but kinda worth it for everything they do.

With some clever plumbing, you can still fly without it for the 2 weeks it takes.

Give them a call, they are a great company.

Hi Matt,

They had a letter out that stated they would fix this for free if you just had a bad screen with lines though it. I know about 6-7 people that had to send their's in. I know these guys didn't pay any big money. Maybe shipping.

Give them a call a double check. Tell them it has had lines for a long time.

Thanks for the responses guys. Roger is correct, it works just fine, it is just the display that is not clear (has the lines he mentioned). I will call and double check on it. With all of the other squawks at the moment, this is low on the list since it still works (it is just hard to see the climb or descent rate).

Roger,

I double checked with Trutrak and they no longer do that particular upgrade. Apparently it was "not reliable" so they now only do the full upgrade which is only $500. It never hurts to ask though. Not a big deal, this is just lower on my priority list of needed fixes and must haves.

Archived