LSRM-A

Doug G.

Good job Doug! I took the course, too, at Corning . My intent is servicing my plane, not to operate commercially. It is a license to learn. I went back to Rainbow forthe 5yr hose/mount work. They are an FD service center, needed that for engine pull. Now I'm trained for the wing pulls, so I can do that part.again congratss.Bill

I asked Carol about insurance for mechanics during one of the discussions. The conclusion is that it is too expensive. So people form LLC's to

isolate their finances from the business. There was some debate about work done for free not having liability in CA, but I would not risk it.

I'm also retired (from electronic engineering) but just like the hands-on mechanical work.

I think the figure was about $2k/yr. which would probably mean more work than I want to do. I would also have to either take things on the road, or find a different hangar.

On the other hand I fixed my wheel pants, and repaired a coolant leak, upgraded my Dynon too. Looking at an Airgizmo for my 696. Life is good. :-)

Archived