5 Yr rubber parts replacement

corvette33

Sorry to ask again , as I am sure this has been reviewed before , I have a 2007 CT which is due for the 5yr rubber replacement. My service center has informed me that Flight Design has a kit available and that the cost of the parts for the replacement is approx. $1800 plus about 20-25 hrs labor for a total of about $4000. does this seem about right? I purchased the plane new and want to keep it up to date. Again ,I am sorry to ask again but what is the repack time on the BRS chute? I am not sure if my service center has done a rubber replacement but I know they are a LSA dealer and are Rotax trained. Thanks again for reviewing a topic which I am sure has been answered before.

That parts kit is a little expensive. You can buy another kit from California Power Systems for about $1500-$1800 cheaper. Give me a call and I'll get you on the right path and tell you what is really needed and what is not. The chute repack is at 6 years for $846.

Speaking of rubber replacement, my partner and I are due to have the wings pulled for inspection with our upcoming condition inspection. Our five year rubber replacement has been completed but did not include the fuel lines from the wing to the front of the firewall. What's involved with changing the wing fuel lines? Is there anything particularly difficult, or is the process straight forward? Also, how does this relate to the FD Approval of drilling a hole near the wing root to get better access?

Roger Kuhn

• 3 weeks later...

That parts kit is a little expensive. You can buy another kit from California Power Systems for about $1500-$1800 cheaper. Give me a call and I'll get you on the right path and tell you what is really needed and what is not. The chute repack is at 6 years for $846.

Roger, generally, is it possible to replace engine mount isolators without detaching oil, water, fuel lines? is there enough play or does it all have to come off to replace them?

You can pull the engine with pulling only one fuel line and you don't have to drain the tanks. It's the inside line on the gascolator. Wires do need to come off. There is one other way and that is to swing the engine out to the right side and leave the parachute bridal and wires attached.

I just did a hose change and engine mounts the last 2.5 days on Fast Eddie's Sky Arrow.

Roger, I have the RANS S-19, I hope I have play to work with the oil and coolant hoses. I understand the fuel hose and wiring (nonstrectching stuff), and probably the romoted oil and fuel pressure sensors, how about thottle/choke cables/ thermo couples are they part of the wiring-just disconnect?

Approximately how much play or opening is the minimum one hass to achieve to achieve to remove and replace.....just a few inches to unbolt the rubber isolators, if that is the correct term....?

Whoops, an afterburner: What is speculated regarding how fuel prices will afftect Cooper State this year?

Thank You! Doug in IL

Ya got me, but that's how we say it in Midwest...We use way toooooo many OOOs:)

Order????.Hey, how about raffleing one of those babys off...at the flyin...?

Roger, how about thottle/choke cables/ thermo couples do they have to be disconnected on the CTs when replacing the engine mount rubber?

Archived