Rotax 5 year hose replacement

Loess Hills

I have a 2005 CTSW that is in the shop for the hose replacement. (yes I know that we are late with the change). My mechanic has just completed the Rotax training and has little or no real-world experience. Unfortunately he is the only authorized Rotax mechanic in my area. He is telling me that the hose that comes out of the fuel pump cannot be replaced and that my only option is to buy a new fuel pump.

I know that Rotax does some strange things but this does not sound right to me. Hopefully

some of you have done the change and can tell be if he is correct. I certainly don't want to buy a new fuel pump if I don't have to. Any information/help will be greatly appreciated.

Loess Hills

I have a 2005 CTSW that is in the shop for the hose replacement. (yes I know that we are late with the change). My mechanic has just completed the Rotax training and has little or no real-world experience. Unfortunately he is the only authorized Rotax mechanic in my area. He is telling me that the hose that comes out of the fuel pump cannot be replaced and that my only option is to buy a new fuel pump.

I know that Rotax does some strange things but this does not sound right to me. Hopefully

some of you have done the change and can tell be if he is correct. I certainly don't want to buy a new fuel pump if I don't have to. Any information/help will be greatly appreciated.

Loess Hills

I think you will find most in the field just change the hoses. I have also been told by one of the teachers of the Rotax classes that if the pump is working OK just change the hoses because the new pump you put on might be bad. However if you read the Rotax manual it says if the hoses are attached then you need to change the pump. Rotax however does make 2 different fuel pumps one that comes with hoses and one without. The pumps are the same except for the hoses. The pumps are interchangable per Rotax. If he sticks to his guns make sure to put on the pump that comes without the hoses so you can change them next time.

If you want to remove hose on the fuel pump and the fuel distribution block hose just take a Dremel tool with a cut off blade and put a slit down the ferrule that secures the hose. Then take a screwdriver and open that up a little and slide the hose off. Piece of cake. Doesn't take much more time than cutting an Oetiker clamp off.

Archived