GoPro App finally available

coppercity

The Go Pro app for the Wifi bac PAC is finally available at least for IPad. Requires a firmware update to your BAC PAC and hero2.

With this app you can control your gopro and actually see what it's going to record near real time. There is a couple second lag in the video preview but at least you can see what your gopro is going to record plus control all the functions from your IPad. Just in time for you guys going to Page!

I found the WIFI Bac Pac works as advertised using either the iPad or iPhone as the control device. So far I've used them with the camera attached to the bottom of the left wing via suction cup. So if you have either APPLE device you DO NOT NEED the remote which comes with the COMBO PACK for $99. All you need is the WIFI BAC PAC for $79. Anybody want to buy a remote just let me know - I now own one :blush:

With the device attached to the camera and the GoPro software on your iPhone/iPad, every function can be changed (field of view for example) and the camera can be started and stopped at will from inside the cockpit during flight. Only remember to turn both the camera and wifi bac pac ON before engine startup. :blush: Learned that the hard way. Oh, and you need to go to SETTINGS in your iPad/iPhone and connect to the wifi bac pac as your wifi source before the GoPro software will recognize your camera. That's another thing I learned after some confusion.

I haven't tried the bac pac with the camera attached to the tail yet. But so far I'm a BIG fan of the WIFI BAC PAC. :rolleyes:

Yup... works great. It is missing some of the advertised features... You can't use it to view your existing pics or vids, but that should be available in a future update. And at some point back, I thought they said you'd be able to capture video to other devices, and stream to the Internet.... not yet.

tim

I saw a youtube video where they tested it (with the remote) for distance... it went over 100'. Specs say 600 feet. IOS devices with the App supposedly work up to about 100'. I was able to get my iPad1 to connect up to about 40 feet. The delay increases with distance.

Archived