All aircraft must be RE-registered!

CT4ME

More FAA - BS...It looks like we will ALL have to RE-register our aircraft sometime soon... according to the AOPA: "The FAA has released its final rule requiring the re-registration of all civil aircraft over the next three years and renewal every three years thereafter."

AOPA story and video <=== very informative

Memo from AeroSpace Reports

What a pain and a joke... no surprises hereangry.gif

Tim

• 1 month later...

A reminder - that this new FAA Aircraft RE-REGISTRATION THING starts as early as this November 1st (2010). Aircraft with a MARCH REGISTRATION DATE (any year) are the FIRST to RE-Register your aircraft. Your aircraft registration will expire on March 31st of 2011, but you can start the process of re-registering as early as this November 1st (2010).

After a records check, I find 20 CTs that fall into the first group (March). 2 are CTLS the rest are CTSW... i didn't check CT2K yet. I'll post the March N-numbers up here soon.

re-reg.jpg

Tim

First Round MARCH expirations for CTs (USA). These aircraft registrations expire March 31, 2011, but can initiate the RE-registration process as soon as this November 1st (2010). BUT MUST DO IT BEFORE JANUARY 31ST, 2011.

-= CTLS =-

547CT 669CT

-= CTSW =-

259CT 386JK 427CT 509CT 708JM 290CT 9922K 382CT 920WZ 559CT 136CT 199CT 153SW 384CT 131CT 137CT 15GS 62JN

re-reg.jpg

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I called the FAA and talked to Edsel Ford of the FAA. He is their top LSA person.

When you get your FAA re-registration letter make sure you take care of it in a timely manner (you have almost 6 months), do not and I really mean do not let it expire on its posted date. Here is why. If it goes past the posted date on the letter you will have your "N" number suspended. Having an "N" number is a requirement to be airworthy. Right now as it stands the FAA will at some point terminate your "N" number if you allow this to happen. They are getting a legal reading on this as we talk. The expiration of the letter may be the same as termination of your "N" number, this is a gray area and legal is looking at it.

Here is the big issue. It will not be simple to get it back. If you came from the fat Ultralight group and became ELSA your are dead in the water forever. You can never get a "N" number again. If you are SLSA like most of us here are you will loose your airworthy cert and "N" number and will have to go through the entire process of getting a new registration through FD USA, inspections, new number, ect.... all over again. DO NOT LET THIS GO PAST THE LETTER'S DEAD LINE!

It will be the owners responsibility to make sure the FAA has your current info like your address so you will receive your letter. This is in the FAR's now and always has been. Now if you know that you have to re-register within a certain time as posted in all the write ups about this re-registration and don't get a letter then it would be extremely prudent to call them.

I ask and there are no "get out of jail free cards" here. If you allow your time to expire your done.

• 1 month later...

Roger, I Registered in Mar 2010, where do you get I have until 2013 (3 years)to reregister....Sorry, I don't see that, I think I have to reregister with alll the other Marches, regardless of year, by Jan 2011 if I'm reading above info correctly or am I wrong? Thanks for any clarification you can provide....just don't see where you get the 3 year timeframe from.... :huh:

run2eat

have you interpretted when you have to rereg by the 'entire rule'?

Hi Ranger. Not sure about the "entire rule"? Haven't received any official letter from the Feds yet. All I know so far is that my registration is September and the chart says I will need to re-register in September, 2012.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a reminder for you CT'ers with Registrations that have an APRIL date (any year). You must RE-REGISTER your aircraft soon! You can do it between FEB 1st and April 30th, and your current registration will expire after June 30, 2011. After you submit your paperwork, it takes a while to go through, so don't put it off.

Tim

ps... this is for all aircraft with APRIL registration dates, not just CTs.

Just a side note, don't wait for a reminder or any communication from the FAA to come in the mail. The FAA intends to remind aircraft owners via USPS, they are still not able to get all the mailings out in time, like the March and April filings. I ended up moving forward without notification using the website and having them just emailing the code to finish the filing.

A couple of notes on the new registration. Your new registration will expire 3 years from the day that it will be issued on. Don't put it off, but don't think you gain anything by doing it 6 month early. I did mine, got a new registration in the mail, a month later got a second registration with a note that the first one was in error. Compared the two, both identical.....

• 5 months later...

FWIW... 'just did my CT RE-Registration, after receiving a notice in the mail from FAA/DOT. I did the on-line renewal... since there were no changes, it was a few clicks and entering credit card info ($5). It took about 5 minutes. Now waiting for the delivery, which could take a month or two.

Tim

Archived