Tecnam versus Ctls

Karl

Hi all I've been following this forum since I've put the deposit down on a Ctls and find it very informing to an upcoming ct owner like myself

I'm a low hour middle aged farmer from down under and have done all mine flying in a Tecnam p92

My new Ctls is still a couple months away and there are no ct's available for training on this side of Australia

My question to the forum is if someone could tell me

what is the differents between flying the p92 and the Ctls

Karl from Victoria Australia

Hello Karl.....and welcome

I have flown/trained on Tecnam Sierra and own a SW that's not exactly what you ask but I think the differences are similar..( similar differences..can I say that..? )

you didn't specify what model of P92 but they share all the same 'body'

the very first difference you will notice......space........in the Tecnam you fly behind a panel in the CT,, it's like a control ROOM..

muchhhhhhhhh more space...another 'point of vue''

the ergonomy...... better in the CT

performances similar

the flight.... the Tecnam is very well engineered beast and I love them

I'ld love to try their new taildragger

==

I don't know what is your ''all your flying'' but you will find the LS very easy to adapt....and very addictive :)

my 2 cents

Hi all I've been following this forum since I've put the deposit down on a Ctls and find it very informing to an upcoming ct owner like myself

I'm a low hour middle aged farmer from down under and have done all mine flying in a Tecnam p92

My new Ctls is still a couple months away and there are no ct's available for training on this side of Australia

My question to the forum is if someone could tell me

what is the differents between flying the p92 and the Ctls

Karl from Victoria Australia

Hi Karl,

As with you, much of my LSA time has been in the Tecnam P92s. However, more recently, I have logged a few hours in the CTLS. So, I have only initial impressions for what they're worth. In general, they are both superb flying machines. Very docile overall and easy to fly. The CTLS is slightly faster in most cruise conditions.

On landing, the CTLS tends not to float as much. However, I think the P92s may be be slightly more capable in a strong crosswind, but I will know more once I get more experience in the CTLS.

I actually don't fit in the Tecnam properly due to my long upper body

My head is touching the ceiling in the tecnams and in turbulence it gets a belting

I looked at both Eaglet and 2008 but could not get comfortable in them

The Ctls gives me 100 mm head clearance

hello Karl,

im flew with CTSW and today i have about >350 hours with me, quite new in this plane too.

i flew cessna and husky before, but with CT totally different.

i dont know how you end up with CTLS (but it was GREAT then brilliant decision for me), compare to P29.

i would suggest you to drop by to http://www.goflyaviation.com.au/ and looks for Capt Leo Moras or Damien for all details about CT, they all there very capable if you just near by in australia as well.

As someone who has flown both I would be happy to give an opinion.

Before I go too far I will tell you I am a salesperson for tecnam but I think I am fairly abjective.

I agree that the P92 cabin is way too small for an average or larger american. I am 5-10 and 170lbs and its too small for me.

Personally, the only Tecnam model I reccomend to average or larger people is the P2008 due to its large cabin size.

The P2008 has more leg room than anyone will ever use but if you have a tall torso your head will be close to the roof.

I have seen 6-6 people fit easily if they have long legs but tall torso not so much. The spar on the CTLS give about the same head clearance as the roof of the P2008. I believe one of the main reasons the CT is so well liked is its large cabin. The P92 cabin is too small by modern standards and thats why I expect the Tecnam tail dragger may have limited success. People just dont want to be packed like sardines.

The CT will look and feel alot more modern because it is.

The P92 has good flying charactoristics and handles like a conventional airplane.

The CT feels a little different to me and is more squirrely on landings.

The doors on the P92 were notorious for popping open in flight. I believe this has been fixed on the newer models.

The Tecnam gear is not as firm as the CT.

The CT is definitely faster than a P92.

Stick forces are heavier in the tecnam.

Jake

Archived