micro bubbles under painting.

MarcF

Hello,

I need some advices about micro-bubbles appearing under the painting. They are tini (like a needle head), hard (despite it is obviously air inside), on the stabilator (upper and lower part) but also under the flaps, very few over the wings and a small 10x5 cm area on the cockpit (passenger side, behing the lateral small window).

My CTLS is 4 years old, 300 hours. I seems to be an evolutive process..

Any idea ?

Thanks !

post-420-0-51124400-1355825453_thumb.jpg

post-420-0-61915300-1355825495_thumb.jpg

Hi Marc. Strange that these bubbles are there. I have not seen this but perhaps those who work on CT's have? If you decide to get these removed and need to repaint, I recently had an area of my wing repainted and have a paint code for the CTSW that perfectly matched my CT which I can provide. I used a two part Dupont automotive paint for the repair (base coat and clear) so that this will not be affected by fuel spillage.

Hi Dick,

have been following the topic about the micro bubbles.incidentely our group aircraft has the odd bubble but nothing anywhere near as intense as Marc F's.

you say you have had some paintwork done on your wing and you have the Dupont paint codes to hand.could you please tell me

what they are?also did you get a personal match to your aircraft or was the 2 pack the standand RAL spec for the CT?

Hi Colin, BTW, my new grandson has the same name as you. Not sure what you have in the auto supply shops across the pond but many shops here offer digital color matching. A handheld scanner is used that connects to a computer to generate the color code. I have been involved with matching three aircraft this way and the match was spot on. Two of the aircaft were "white", one CTSW and one CTLS. Although both looked the same "white", they had slightly different color codes. The third aircraft was a RV9A that was green. If you have access to this type of color matching, I would recommend that a unique code be obtained. If the code I have for my 2006 CTSW or a 2008CTLS suffices, I believe that I still have these codes and would be glad to provide this. One thing to mention if you get a color match. Give the whole area a good going over with a light polishing compound before the matching is done to get rid of the oxidized paint and crud.

Archived