CTSW flaps don't deploy

SantaPaulaCTSW

Recently, when I deploy the flaps at 15, 30, 40 they don't go down, and the flap digital indicator just keep flashing. I am at the proper speed or below when I deploy the flaps. Strangely, however, if I quickly move the flaps switch up to -6 and then quickly down to 15 or 30, then they deploy normally. Also, when I test all flaps positions on the ground while doing my preflight checklist, the flaps deploy normally and work fine. The issue only happens in the air. My mechanic already pulled the panel and said all contacts were being made. What's up?

Hello there,

You have similar issue like what i had but now i have no issue.

What i done is;

1. Contacts cleaner the ground for electric

2. Lub the flaps

3. Make sure your battery and alternator are ok

4. Off the most ekectric consumtion like landing light

With above 4, mines is ok

I hate it when that happens...

What Bobby said... plus... I've had this problem for some time and, eventually, the "pre-set" flap positions stopped working entirely. My "manual" flap settings continue to work just fine, and that's what I use. In my case, there is something wrong with the circuit board or a solder joint. For a long time I could just take the switch out and change the torque on the board, and things would work... and then not, and then not at all. With the switch in my hand, you could put it at one of the pre-sets, then press on the board until it would activate.

The switch is quite expensive, but not as expensive as upgrading the whole thing to the CTLS system. I'll probably get one, if they still make them.

tim

I hate it when that happens...

What Bobby said... plus... I've had this problem for some time and, eventually, the "pre-set" flap positions stopped working entirely. My "manual" flap settings continue to work just fine, and that's what I use. In my case, there is something wrong with the circuit board or a solder joint. For a long time I could just take the switch out and change the torque on the board, and things would work... and then not, and then not at all. With the switch in my hand, you could put it at one of the pre-sets, then press on the board until it would activate.

The switch is quite expensive, but not as expensive as upgrading the whole thing to the CTLS system. I'll probably get one, if they still make them.

tim

GREAT Tim !!

Archived