VDO Sensors

mocfly

Fellow flyers,

Could air in the oil system be the one of the causes of hight oil temp? If it could be a cause how is this resolved?

There are a few different senders designated by stamp id 801/9/1, 801/5/1, 801/10/1, which one is to be used with the UMA steam gauge?

Thanks in advance

Chris Marinello

N530CT

Hi Chris,

I highly doubt you have air in the system. If you had that much to cause high temps you would have already damaged your engine. What usually causes high temps is prop too course (over loading the engine), climb angle too steep, using Evans coolant, return oil line off the bottom of the engine to the tank slightly kinked and causes a reduced flow.

Evans carries with it a 20-30F temp penalty because the pure glycol liquid doesn't absorb heat as well as a water based 50-50 so that usually causes higher temps for us and even takes us up to or above max temps. I tested it early on in my SW. Didn't last but a couple of days. Temps all max out. 50-50 dropped them 30F. It worked great when I had a plane that had an open air engine to dump more of the heat.

Archived