Whats above those clouds

C ICEY

Runway is at 1750', and the best skiing is just at treeline, somewhere between 4500' and 7500'. Total snow accumulation is upwards of 12-15 metres, with a settled snow base of 3-4 metres. the highest peaks in the immediate area are about 8,000, although within half hour radius they are up to 10,000. Temps in town are typically around plus or minus five Centigrade (20-40F). Heater keeps the cockpit nice and warm, but we are always bundled for a walk in the snow and gear stowed to spend a night. Two strips of aluminum tape over the radiator get operating temps to about 115C (240) in the climb, 98C (210) in the cruise. Always equipped for a night out in the snow.

A light CT is great fun to chase the skier loaded helicopters up to the lodges. I'll leave the snow landings to them!

I flew my CTLS in -25 C the other day in just my sneekers and sweater and it was a bit chilly but not bad !! Thanx for the Vid Mike!! Im going to get back to BC this summer I cant wait to visit my home in Williams Lake and fly in there :)

Archived