Door lift struts and rubber engine mounts

Roger Lee

Hi All,

I have new shipments of door lift struts for those sagging doors. These will raise you door to about

1.5" - 2" below the wing.

I just received new rubber engine mounts for the CTSW, too.

Rotax replacement engine capacitors are $135. Mine will be, but a small fraction of that. I'll have a big order in by March 25th. Check the leads on yours as they have been breaking and unless you look you'll never notice it. It's very easy to replace and should only take about 15-20 minutes.

Give me a call or email me to order. The price is right. :)

I have never seen or heard of anyone in the US re-gassing any kind of lift struts like ours. The company I get them from says to just toss them it isn't worth the money. If someone knows different then chime in.

The problem is if the seals were good it wouldn't have leaked so why re-gas something that leaked out to start with. It had to have a bad seal.

I glad you asked, because technically this has puzzled me too. However it is I believe an Australian invention. How it is done is difficult to find out and obviously a closely guarded secret. I dont know but think about heat, liquid nitrogen and some very clever control. Logic tells me that the only way to get more nitrogen into the cylinder is thru the seal and by thermal [or pressure differential.

But it works well. It is a franchised setup here and I understand the owner of the idea spent 3 months in the States trying to get someone interested to no avail.

Man I really worked on the guy to find out more but he just kepy smiling and closed the door.

Seems like the scratches over time would also work on those seals. I just have never heard of such a thing. Let us know how long a charge last. These new shocks are longer than the original FD ones so they lift the door higher. I'm not 100% sure that translates into less head whacks or not. :lol:

Archived