Passenger Briefings

paul m

Most of my flights are with a flight instructor and I find I'm very much out of practice doing passenger briefings. I found this ASI video and thought it was a good starting point for the topic. I also [re-]discovered Tim's Passenger Briefing FAQ in the following thread --Sport Pilot Exam Questions--which I plan to shamelessly copy for my plane. I may actually email my new Briefing Card to new passengers ahead of time instead of having them read it as Tim suggests during preflight because I kind of like showing new passengers the preflight and explaining things to help put them at ease about this little contraption they are now entrusting their lives to.

Any suggestions from the crowd based on what you do?

http://www.aopa.org/Education/Safety-Videos/Passenger-Safety-Briefing.aspx

Your Operating Limitations may require specific briefing items. Mine says I "must advise the passenger of the experimental nature of this aircraft and that it does not meet the certification requirements of a standard certficated aircraft". I have a placard to that effect, but it is a good idea to make it an explicit part of the safety briefing.

Here is my current:

PASSENGER BRIEFING

Safety Harness instruct

Door Lock & Evac instruct

Headset & Radio instruct

Fire Extinguisher where-howto

BRS & ELT instruct

Op Limits explain

Sterile Cockpit explain

What is missing here? :)

Check your operating limitations that go with your airwortiness. They say you must tell all passengers this statement, "This aircraft was manufactured in accordance with light sport airworthiness standards and does not conform to standard category airwortiness requirements."

Archived