Did I get the correct cover?

FlyingMonkey

Hey all...

At Roger's and others' suggestion, I bought the CTSW cover from Aviation Covers. I specified to them that I wanted a lightweight travel cover. But mine seems to look a little different from the pictures I have seen. Roger's pictures look like his cover is a gray nylon material. The one I received was a very light gray, almost white material that looks more like canvas, though it might be Gore-Tex or something. I tested it and it sheds water very well, it just beads and runs right off leaving none behind.

Also, I think Roger said his cover weighs 4.5lb; I weighed mine and it came out at 7.8lb including the very lightweight stuff sack it came in. Quite a bit heavier than I expected. It does fit well, but did I get the right one? Pics:

cover1_zps979972ea.jpg

cover2_zpsed200cf9.jpg

I wouldn't sweat the few extra lbs either. many covers that some have are 2-3 times that weight and cover a lot less. Your looks like it will do a good job in sealing all the water entry areas. Wing roots are covered, especially the flap opening, the baggage doors, the entry doors, the air filter, the cowling. The front of the nose from dirt dust and water intrusion.

All the important areas are well covered and those few lbs won't make a difference. You get to my weight then you can worry. :lol:

They may have changed the material over the years and a slight design change, but close enough to do the job you want it to do.

I got the travel cover for my CTLS and it is a gray nylon and very light. I put it on for the first time on the tarmac of an airport I have not visited before, something I would not recommend - it took me about half an hour to figure out what went where! I still am questioning if I got it all right.

I will have to take some pictures for next time.

Here are the things I am wondering about:

1) There are two bungee type cords at the bottom back that have hooks on them. It seemed that the only logical place for them to go was to wrap them around the main gear. Is that right?

2) There are short loops at the bottom of the door that may simply be tabs for when the door is opened?

3) I have an extra strap with the click in snaps on both ends. I don't know of anyplace it can be used. (no place to snap them in to.) Am I missing something?

If anyone else has this type of cover I would appreciate any input. Thanks.

Due to a serious lack of hangar space at my home field, ICEY spends lots of time outside. I have the very same Aviation Covers cover for three years now, and the fit and function is excellent. I have been very satisfied with it. It softens up over time, so it fits like a glove, and maintains its repellency. I've also got wing covers (and tail covers) from Aviation covers, and the fit is excellent. When hail threatens, I slip closed cell foam sheets (floor underlay) and they form an excellent hail cover. They are primarily used as frost covers, though. great system april%2019%202010%20086.jpg?psid=12011-06-11%20031.jpg?psid=1 I have no problem recommending Aviation Covers. Great service and quality.

Hi ICEY,

They did a nice job. I hadn't seen the tail covers before. Nice.

Your fuselage cover looks very much like mine. The tail cover would be excellent for anyone traveling and having to leave it in any rainy weather. I like the Aviation Cover's folks. They have treated us well, listened to our needs and responded well..

The biggest advantage of the full covers is when the frost starts to form in the mornings....... unfortunately it isn't far away. Overnight in Banff yesterday was 34oF. upside is that the flying conditions only improve from here on in... crisp clear mornings and better performance!

Archived